New Year’s is a time of new beginnings, and there is no better time to improve your business. Take advantage of the momentum and enthusiasm that generally come with new beginnings, and get your small business in gear with these five resolutions:
- File all legal paperwork. Go through the endless stacks of documents that have accumulated over time, and continue to file new forms immediately. No more paper stacks!
- Take an objective look at your ROI. Analyze IT expenses,different approaches to marketing, computer systems and more.
- Stay on top of your tax payments. This quarter’s EST tax payment is due on January 15th, so make sure to have it ready beforehand to avoid additional fees.
- Get involved in social media. These networks are becoming increasingly important. Make sure not to get discouraged- establishing a solid presence on these sites takes time and commitment, so be prepared for some serious dedication.
- Revamp your website. According to research conducted by GE Capital Retail Bank, 81% of people research companies online before doing any business with them. Your website is often the first impression that potential customers get, so make sure it does your business justice with updated content, professional graphics and a simple, straightforward layout. Consider creating a mobile version of your website as well, as most online browsing is done via smartphones