It was written a year ago but it’s still completely relevant for today. An article in Forbes by Abram Brown: 75 Quotes on Business From America’s Top Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs quoted include: Martha Stewart, Marc Benioff, Dan Gilbert, Eric Schmidt, Sara Blakely and many more.
A snippet of the quotes:
- “No business school graduate would recommend gambling as a financial strategy, but sometimes it pays to be a little crazy early in your career.” — Fred Smith, founder, FedEx
- “The four most important words in business are ‘What do you think?'” — Bill Marriott, Jr., chairman, Marriott International
- “I’d said to my partner Stedman, ‘What am I going to talk about for ten days and ten nights at Nelson Mandela’s house?’ And Stedman said, ‘Why don’t you try listening?'” — Oprah Winfrey, founder, Oprah Winfrey Network
- “Don’t take ‘no’ when your gut tells you ‘yes.'” — James Patterson, record-setting author
- “Here’s how I stay relevant: I read. I listen. I try to surround myself with smart people of all ages and backgrounds.” — John Doerr, venture capital Midas
- “Age is just a number for me—I haven’t thought about it in years. I go by the motto that I learn something new every single day.” — Bernard Marcus, cofounder, Home Depot
- “If you do the right thing, the right thing will come to you.” — Berry Gordy, founder, Motown Records
There are some truly great lessons here.